Re: dhcpd refuses to start after fresh FC4 install

Claude Jones wrote:
On Monday 20 June 2005 04:39, Paul Howarth wrote:

Claude Jones wrote:

I've had to rebuild a machine, and I have limited net access right now,
so pardon me if this has been asked.

DHCPD is refusing to start, manually, or as set to run at boot. Is this a
SELINUX setting? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this machine
has to running in a couple of hours

If it's an SELinux issue then you should be seeing audit errors in the logs when you try to start the daemon, and "setenforce 0" would allow it to work (this is a quick test to determine if it's an SELinux issue, I'm not recommending this as a long-term fix).

Paul.

Saw this at about 4am, and tried it, and it worked. So, I guess that begs the question of configuring SELINUX to allow DHCPD, or something else? I've had about 3 hours sleep, but at least the machine is running. Thanks.

Next step is to figure out what the problem is. Try restarting dhcpd and look in /var/log/messages for audit messages indicating what wouldn't be allowed in enforcing mode.

Paul.