Re: FC3 Swedish keyboard mapping incorrect, how to fix?

Bo Berglund wrote:
On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 07:58:15 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 08:15:13 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am using a Swedish keyboard on FC3 and I just found out where I
could change the key mappings to Swedish from the US mapping thta was
used by FC3.
But now I have discovered that the key mappings are incorrect!
In fact there is no way I have found to enter characters like $ and \
anymore. These foreign characters are mapped on a Swedish keyboard to
the right hand Alt key plus 4 and + respecively. But when I use these
combinations nothing happens!

So how are you supposed to enter £ $ \ { } [ ] | @ in FC3 when you use
a Swedish keyboard?
I suppose this is a problem also for German key layouts where there
are a lot of national characters on the main map.

On the VirtualPC list I received advice that the VPC manager is capturing the Right-Alt as a "Host key" which has functions to move mouse control back to the host operating system among others. Advice was to change this host key mapping to Right-Ctrl or similar. I thought that I should mention it also here for any future thread search.

Except it did not cure the problem... Still no special characters!

Bo Berglund

To change the mapping from US to Swedish keyboard:

Desktop -> System Setting -> Keyboard

Choose Swedish

If you want £ $ \ { } [ ] | @ you use Alt Gr and correponding key.
If you have Swedish keyboard, they should marked out in the keyboard.

-- Jon