Re: yum updated grub.conf badly

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 04:15:57PM -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > The name of the kernel package you want to be the default. So, just plain
> > "kernel". I believe this is in the FC3 release notes.
> While /etc/sysconfig/kernel is mentioned,
> the possible values for DEFAULTKERNEL and what they do are not.
> None of the available kernels are named kernel-smp or kernel.
> I'm not saying you're wrong.  I think you're right.  I just
> can't tell from the release notes.

Arguably, the variable should be DEFAULTKERNELPACKAGENAME, but that's a bit
long. "kernel" and "kernel-smp" are indeed the names of the available kernel
packages. CentOS (RHEL4 rebuild -- I assume RHEL4 has this too) also has
"kernel-hugemem".

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>