Re: Help with wireless adaptor setup in FC4

Dan:

I'm a Linux blivet but I got my Linksys wireless card working with
ndiswrapper.  Below are my notes on how to set it up.  Skip the
wpa_supplicant part if you are using WEP.

knute...

Get packages required to compile and install software.

yum install gcc openssl-devel kernel-devel

Go to:
http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/Installation
and follow instructions to extract, download, compile and install
ndiswrapper.

Get the Windows NDIS driver for your wireless card.

With ndiswrapper -i lsbcmnds.inf install the driver.

ndiswrapper -l to check installation.

With ndiswrapper -m install the line, 'alias wlan0 ndiswrapper' in
/etc/modprobe.conf.

Go to: http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/ and get the latest
wpa_supplicant.  Copy the defconfig file to .config.  Edit it to
uncomment
the CONFIG_DRIVER_NDISWRAPPER=y line and comment out all the other
drivers.  Compile wpa_supplicant and move the executables to
/usr/sbin.

Create the /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf file.

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant  # for wpa_cli support

network={
    ssid="LEUPOLD"
    psk="somewhere over the rainbow"
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    proto=WPA
    pairwise=TKIP
    group=TKIP
}

Add the following two lines to /etc/rc.d/rc.local:
/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -B -Dndiswrapper -iwlan0
-c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

/sbin/dhclient wlan0