Re: FC4 desktop sluggish on same hardware?

Chip Turner wrote:

I'm DEFINITELY noticing sluggish behavior in all X apps.  My hardware
is fairly modern (AMD64 3200, though only an nvidia geforce4 4200).
I've observed the same problem both with the X.org nv driver and
nvidia's binary-only driver.  The box itself is quite fast otherwise,
but something in X definitely is amiss.  I'm also running in
x86_64 mode; I suspect it is a universal issue.

Chip

I am using a Pentium III 450 MHz with 256M and an old video card. FC4 is actually running much faster on this machine than FC3 did. I did not change anything except reformatting and installing FC4 fresh. The KDE
desktop on mine used to run pretty slow on FC3 but is actually pretty
spirited on FC4.

Patrick