Re: any reason for things SMP on a single processor

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Is you single CPU a modern Pentium IV with Hyperthreading? If yes, you
may want to use the SMP kernel, else it is safe to remove them (don't
remove them while you accidentally run one of them!). The GFS kernel is
only needed if you want to use GFS (it is a filesystem, there is
documentation about it at redhat.com).

Alexander

Thank you, Alexander. I was hoping you would have the time/inclination to respond.
I do have a 2.8 P4 with hyperthreading, but you say that I 'may' want to use this kernel. What considerations should govern this decision, or is there a page that discusses this more in depth that you can refer me to?

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA