Re: Totem not working

Todd Wease wrote:

Thanks.  I should have explained the messages I was getting from the
command line.  The first two messages occurred when starting Totem and
they seem to have only to do with title lookups and it's right, the
module doesn't exist.  I'm not really worried about that. And besides,
I'm a little leary about reinstalling gnome-vfs as there are 112
cascading dependencies which yum wants me to remove and rpm won't let me
remove gnome-vfs because of the dependencies. (As an aside I'm new to
the rpm package management system. If I used :: rpm -e --nodeps
gnome-vfs2 :: would that just get rid of gnome-vfs2 and could I just
re-rpm it without problems?) Anyway, it's the messages that occur when I
try to play something that I'm worried about that aren't indicating any
problem with gnome-vfs:

** Message: don't know how to handle video/mpeg,
systemstream=(boolean)true, mpegversion=(int)1 ** Message: don't know how to handle audio/x-wma, wmaversion=(int)2,
bitrate=(int)64040, rate=(int)44100, channels=(int)2,
block_align=(int)1487, codec_data=(buffer)008800000f00792e0000 ** Message: don't know how to handle video/x-wmv, wmvversion=(int)3,
framerate=(double)25, width=(int)320, height=(int)240,
codec_data=(buffer)4e791a01

I can however play a CD, but the player spins like mad - a problem I'm
having with the gnome CD player (XMMS plays CDs fine).

I had to yum remove totem, and then yum install totem-xine to get it to play commercial files like mpg. I still can't play anything with either totem or realplayer cuz I get :

[jesse@jesse ~]$ totem
*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice
*** attempt to put segment in horiz list twice
video_out_xxmc: Unichrome CPU saving is off.
The program 'totem' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
 (Details: serial 71 error_code 11 request_code 140 minor_code 19)

But I think that might be cuz of my crappy video card. -Jesse