Re: (fedora) Re: rhn-applet again

Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 15-JUN-2005 09:09:19.83

>On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 23:17 -0400, Louis Garcia wrote:
>> > What do you mean? There are updates for FC4, even though it may be
>> > surprising. See:
>> >
>> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/
>> >
>> > There is the plan to have just yum there in future and to drop up2date
>> > together with the applet, maybe with FC5 shipment. I think a visual
>> > "thingy" would then be helpful though.
>> >
>> > Alexander
>>
>> Let me rephrase. The applet showed the system up2date when their were
>> updates available. The applet should have been red with an exclamation.
>
>Is this an upgraded system or a freshly-installed one? If you've
?upgraded to FC4 then you probably want to
>copy /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.rpmnew to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
I saw it on both types of systems:
  1 installed FC4 from scratch
  2 FC3->FC4 with the above copy (see my previous mail)
    and some in /etc/yum.repos.d

>This will make up2date use the repos defined in /etc/yum.repos.d and
>should reduce the out-of-sync issues between yum and up2date
>significantly.

                   Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd