Re: (fedora) Re: rhn-applet again

Louis Garcia wrote on 15-JUN-2005 05:18:28.88

>> What do you mean? There are updates for FC4, even though it may be
>> surprising. See:
>>
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/i386/
>>
>> There is the plan to have just yum there in future and to drop up2date
>> together with the applet, maybe with FC5 shipment. I think a visual
>> "thingy" would then be helpful though.
>>
>> Alexander
>
>Let me rephrase. The applet showed the system up2date when their were
>updates available. The applet should have been red with an exclamation.

The same happened to me when I upgraded from FC3->FC4

 when running up2date many updates seem to be available
 yum also works (at least I instaaled the new nvidia driver with it from livna)

I have the impression that it some configuration error : After the upgrade
some files were not upgraded
   i.e. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/source
        /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date
	/etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo (some files)
They still conatained FC3 info. In this case the rhn-applet became "red",
but up2date onley tried to update "old" FC3 programs

So I replaced the files by the files with extention .rpmnew. Now up2date &
yum work, but the rhn-applet always is "blue".

What configuration issue do I miss?

                   Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd