Re: FEDORA 4 - No sofware in YUM and no repositories for APT;

Serge wrote:
Mirco Scaramucci wrote:

Hello everybody.
Finally FEDORA 4. Great.
I have been trying to download software such as Timidity, Mplayer and
other via YUM trying to enable usual repositories but to no avail.
There doesn't seem to be any repos in the yum.conf file.
I then tried to add repositories to apt-get using MIRROR-SELECT  and got
am error message.

Is there anyway I can enable these like in FEDORA 3?

Mirco

you can enable freshrpms by installing http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/4/i386/RPMS.freshrpms/freshrpms-release-1-1.fc.noarch.rpm

Then just use yum.

They have mplayer

Serge

I like this. An rpm to install repositories. I will be glad when I get the time to upgrade/install FC4.

--
Robin Laing