Re: FEDORA 4 - No sofware in YUM and no repositories for APT;

Mirco Scaramucci wrote:
Hello everybody.
Finally FEDORA 4. Great.
I have been trying to download software such as Timidity, Mplayer and
other via YUM trying to enable usual repositories but to no avail.
There doesn't seem to be any repos in the yum.conf file.
I then tried to add repositories to apt-get using MIRROR-SELECT  and got
am error message.

Is there anyway I can enable these like in FEDORA 3?

Repositories are configured by adding .repo files to /etc/yum.repos.d since FC3. You can also add them to yum.conf but that's not the "proper" way to do it.

Third-party repositories may not have FC4 packages available yet because they haven't installed an FC4 build system to build them on yet.

Paul.