Re: problems with bittorrent - Solved - well sort of

--On Monday, June 13, 2005 9:29 PM -0400 Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have a T1 and a DSL. Both are
routed through a CISCO router, such that with a few simple commands, we
can  direct traffic from our LAN to one or the other connection. If one
goes down,  we can be back up in under 5 minutes. There's a lot of other
complicated  routing going on under the hood, such that some traffic uses
the DSL all the  time.

Ah, that can confuse the tracker. The tracker uses the IP address of the packets to register the peer with the swarm. If you're listening on one address but sent the registration to the tracker out your other address, the swarm can't know how to get to you.