Re: Supertux is sad

Steve & Julie Croteau wrote:

Greetings,
Installed Supertux via yum and installation went smoothly. I made the mistake of installing this on top of 2 previous Supertux installations that both failed. When I try to start the game from the command line I get this:

[sjc@localhost ~]$ supertux
Datadir: /usr/bin/../share/supertux
Warning: Unable to open the file "/home/sjc/.supertux/config" for read!!!
Segmentation fault

It also fails when I click on the game link under Applications-Games. No message, no game.

I've tried 'rpm -e' but I don't have the previous two rpm packages anymore so I just guessing when I try 'rpm -e supertux*'.

Help me Spock!  Thanks,  Steve

If you did the previous installations you tried were using rpm, then rpm -e would have done the trick. I dont think there is any clean way to do this now. Finding out the associated files using the locate command and removing them manually one by one is one option. Doing a clean installation of Fedora Core 4 in a couple of days and doing yum install supertux is another ;-)

regards
Rahul