Supertux is sad

Greetings,
Installed Supertux via yum and installation went smoothly.  I made the mistake
of installing this on top of 2 previous Supertux installations that both
failed.  When I try to start the game from the command line I get this:

[sjc@localhost ~]$ supertux
Datadir: /usr/bin/../share/supertux
Warning: Unable to open the file "/home/sjc/.supertux/config" for read!!!
Segmentation fault

It also fails when I click on the game link under Applications-Games.  No
message, no game.

I've tried 'rpm -e' but I don't have the previous two rpm packages anymore so
I just guessing when I try 'rpm -e supertux*'.

Help me Spock!  Thanks,  Steve