acroread problems with IDL help files

Hi,

I just upgraded to Adobe Acroread 7.0 on an FC2 machine. I'm running IDL 6.1 on the machine. When I try to open the IDL help files (which are in pdf format), I get this error:

"Acrobat could not load the search index associated with this document (/usr/local/rsi/idl_6.1/help/INDEX.PDX). The index is either corrupt or is not compatible with this version. Searching within this document will therefore be slower. You may wish to rebuild this index using Acrobat Professional's Catalog feature or contact the document creator"

Recently, I saw another error with opening PDF documents which are not IDL help documents:

"There was a problem opening the file rsiidl_linux_x86. Failed to login plugin"

However this file exists with the correct permissions in the user's directory.

Has anybody else faced the same problems? Any solutions? [Besides going back to the old Acrobat Reader?]

Thanks,
Saurabh.
"Yours is to work. The results will take care of themselves"
-- Swami Vivekanad

Saurabh Barve
sa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(970)491-7714