Re: Hardware Question - A7N8X oddity

Michael A. Peters wrote:
A7N8X Deluxe w/ Athlon XP 2700+
Homebuilt system

Woke it up from sleep - and it rebooted. Thought it might be a power
flux or something.
While booting, went elsewhere - came back and it was off.
Pressed reset switch and watched - bios was claiming it was an XP1500
and was over frequency.

I had remembered that happening way back when I built the thing, and I
had to change a setting in the bios it get it to see the cpu properly as
an XP2700+ and boot.

Anyone heard of anything like this?
Seems the bios forgot its settings. If it was a mac I would suspect bad
pram battery ...

Funny you should mention this. I had a monitor failure a few weeks ago and had to reboot and I ended up with the same message the odd time. I never thought much of it as the monitor problem was #1 priority. I have the same board as you. I am going to check the ASUS WWW site for a bios update before anything else.

I am about to put a new UPS on the system so I will check it as well.

--
Robin Laing