Re: Wireless suggestion - tired of madwifi (Robert Locke)

> My question for the list - is there a PCMCIA 802.11B or G card that will
> work with Fedora Core RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX?  In other words, I want to
> just plug it in and configure it using the built in network
> configuration tools of fedora, with out having to compile or make or any
> other such stuff.  I used to enjoy that stuff, and actually make my
> living doing it, but just simply don't have time for it right now.  I
> need a working laptop now.
>
> Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
>
> Bill

Get a card wit the Orinoco chipset (e.g. Enterasys and many branded-names
from Dell, HP and others.).
Found none on eBay for $20 and it worked from the second I inserted it in
the slot and booted FC3.

  François Ouellette
<fouellet@xxxxxxxxxxx>