Re: File System Access Problem

On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 08:49 +0530, aniket kate wrote:
> Hello,
>         In order to remove access of the other users in my system, I
>    accidently ran
>    chmod -R +700 /
>    After that atleast ssh as all login stopped to my PC.
>    In order to remove this problem I did
>    chmod -R +755 / when I was in rool login.
>    But still problem persists.
>    Can anybody help?
>    It will be better, if somebody suggest how to revamp all of my
>    settings as even other services can give problems.

In principle it's possible to build a script around "rpm" using "rpm -
qa" to list all packages and "rpm -qlv packagename" to list all the
files with permissions in that package and then use chmod to repair the
permissions on each file.

However, I can't find such a script after a quick google so it might be
quicker just to reinstall the system.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>