Re: Upgrade to FC4 from FC3 without having to re download and then burn cds and recreate partition?

Yes, as long as you have patience ;0

Sam Johnson wrote:

Will 3MB cable work?

On 5/31/05, Jared Buck <JBuck814366460@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 16:04 -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Sam Johnson wrote:

I am very excited about the soon release of Fedora Core 4. However, I
want to upgrade from Fedora Core 3 in an easier way than doing the
procedure that is required for the first install you do, downloading
all of the ISOs, then burning them to discs, and then use Disk Druid
to erase partition (and all of my lovely data) and recreate it.
I hear of alot of people saying that they upgraded, and am curious
about how it is done.

If you have a fast Internet connection, you can download boot.iso, burn it
to a CD, and then kick off an HTTP install by booting off that.

Without a fast 'net connection, you can download all the ISOs, and do an
upgrade from them. That will save you from the repartitioning and
recreating bit.

Best,
-- Elliot

I have a DSL line, does that count? :)  where would I find boot.isos,
then?

Jared