Re: Upgrade to FC4 from FC3 without having to re download and then burn cds and recreate partition?

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Sam Johnson wrote:

> I am very excited about the soon release of Fedora Core 4.  However, I
> want to upgrade from Fedora Core 3 in an easier way than doing the
> procedure that is required for the first install you do, downloading
> all of the ISOs, then burning them to discs, and then use Disk Druid
> to erase partition (and all of my lovely data) and recreate it.
> I hear of alot of people saying that they upgraded, and am curious
> about how it is done.

If you have a fast Internet connection, you can download boot.iso, burn it
to a CD, and then kick off an HTTP install by booting off that.

Without a fast 'net connection, you can download all the ISOs, and do an
upgrade from them. That will save you from the repartitioning and
recreating bit.

Best,
-- Elliot