Re: Unable to boot from CD with old PC need 1.44MB size file

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 10:38 am, Farkas, Roderic R. wrote:
> I will be using Fedora Core 3 at the months end but currently have Core 2
> from Thompson Pub. with a Wells text I use. I have dual boot Red Hat 9.0
> and Windows 200 Pro. I want instal the publishers copy) before I use it and
> cannot boot from the 1st CD (in a set of four). I know I'll need a small
> file maybe a floppy that I can start the install process from. The message
> I keep getting is the CD is not being found. Does anyone have a file I
> could use to get booted into Fedora Core 2.

Check the list archives.  There are a couple of messages on how to upgrade
from earlier versions of RH/FC.  They involve copying select files from the
FC distro CD to your /boot partition, updating your boot loader, and booting
into the installer from your hard drive.  Note again, this only works for
upgrade, not a clean install.