Re: HighPoint Rocket 133 driver?

Bob R. Taylor wrote:
On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 05:18, John Summerfied wrote:

Bob R. Taylor wrote:

I just installed subject IDE card. The kernel recognizes it but kudzu
does not. Could some kind soul email me the appropriate entry for
/etc/modules.conf?

What's your problem?

I need the driver for the board. Sorry, I meant /etc/modprobe.conf. I changed the cable and reset the jumper on my Maxtor 120 G IDE drive.
When I rebooted, the kernel panicked with something to the effect HEADS
= 0. Since I have never run into this problem before, what do I need to
tell the kernel about this disks geometry?

Sorry for the need for help. A LOT has changed since RH 6.2. This is
also the first IDE drive I have installed. I'm a SCSI guy.

I would expect it to "just work." Most IDE stuff just works. I don't have one of those things, but I do have an Abit Hotrod 66 which required a 2.3 kernel when 2.2 was current, but since then does just work. Like yours, it has a Highpoint chipset.

Without some diagnostic info, folk are going to be hard-pressed to help.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait