Re: C++ Compiling Problems

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 08:58:09PM +0800, John Summerfied wrote:

Yes, but above I didn't say "K&R C" -- I referred to the C Programming
Language book, which *does* cover ANSI C.

Right at the top of this quote is the mention of a book by K & R.

Yes, that's the book "The C Programming Language".

I used to have Digital Research C, and it (as did some others) came with that book.
To the best of my recollection it predates ANSI C.

As mentioned several other times in this thread, the second edition --
available since 1988 or so, and pretty much the only one you'll find if you
look it buy it -- is updated and covers ANSI C. And it's still the best C
book out there.

But I was responding to the original description, and that did not say "second edition."

That qualification came in other branches.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait