Re: C++ Compiling Problems

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 08:58:09PM +0800, John Summerfied wrote:
> >Yes, but above I didn't say "K&R C" -- I referred to the C Programming
> >Language book, which *does* cover ANSI C.
> Right at the top of this quote is the mention of a book by K & R.

Yes, that's the book "The C Programming Language".

> I used to have Digital Research C, and it (as did some others) came with
> that book.
> To the best of my recollection it predates ANSI C.

As mentioned several other times in this thread, the second edition --
available since 1988 or so, and pretty much the only one you'll find if you
look it buy it -- is updated and covers ANSI C. And it's still the best C
book out there.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx        <http://www.mattdm.org/>