Re: Still in Yum Dependency Hell

On Monday 23 May 2005 05:36, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sun, 22 May 2005 22:36:40 +0000, Truls Gulbrandsen wrote:
> > I saw this memo in fedora-test-list comming from: ca22267@xxxxxxxxx on
> > 03/28/2005 02:23 AM
> >
> > quote
> >
> > It looks like libmusicbrainz goes in wrong, found this
> > libmusicbrainz.so -> libmusicbrainz.so.4.0.0 bad link
> > in /usr/lib.
> > Did :-
> > rpm --erase --nodeps libmusicbrainz
> > rm /usr/lib/libmusicbrainz.so
> >
> > Them installed the latest version from
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/
> >Fedora/RPMS/
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > uquote
>
> For somebody [Richard Crawford] running FC3 this is bad advice.
>
> libmusicbrainz is a Fedora Core packages and hence you get it from
> either Fedora Core 3 or Fedora Core 3 Updates.

I ended up removing libmusicbrainz with

# yum remove libmusicbrainz

and letting it handle removing all the dependencies as well.  Then I took
Alexander Dolloz's advice, and disabled all the respositories except for the
core and extras repositories.  I was then able to install libmusicbrainz and
all of the software that depended on it just fine.  I also dropped a note to
the guys at the kde-redhat project.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com