Puzzzling USB happenings.

I have a HP PSC2110 printer on USB,FC 3 fully updated.

Now when I switch it on,these actions occur depending on the situation.

In KDE the mouse pointer jumps across the screen only when USB is loading.

Still in KDE but using streaming audio via Firefox/xmms the stream is cut requiring a reconnection.

When a screensaver is active it freezes only while USB is loading.

It does not happen when switching off.

Is this normal behavior a known bug or what.

  david