RE: Ubuntu & one CD Distributions

On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 12:06, Brian Mury wrote:

> I have been using the DVD iso's without problem. I would recommend the
> DVD - once the installation gets to the point where it starts installing
> RPMs, it can be left unattended without having to come back to switch
> discs.

If it isn't your first Linux install at a location, it is just as easy
to download the CD iso images to an NFS shared directory and burn only
the first ISO or the boot.iso from the images directory (doing a
loopback mount to find it...).  Boot that with 'linux askmethod' at
the boot prompt and do an NFS install, giving the location where the
images are downloaded.  If your internet is slow or unreliable, find
a place that offers rsync and use the -P option so you can restart
if necessary.

If it is your first install, you probably won't understand those
instructions, and if it is the first at a location, you won't have
the means to follow them anyway...

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx