creating an sftp folder

Is it possible to set up sftp for a single user  on my machine, and restrict
them to their home directory-tree? Am I thinking about this the wrong way?
I've been reading up on this and the answers are not so evident to me yet.
The man pages are pretty sparse as well. Any suggestions or alternative or
good sites welcomed...
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA