Mime Type Excitement

I have a brand new FC3 installation which I built yesterday.  I dislike GNOME,
so I left that out and built it up as a KDE machine.  Because it's just a
workstation, I set it up as a personal workstation, no server goodness.  I
copied over my home directory from my laptop to my new computer so that my
environment would stay the same.

Now when I try to launch some KDE activities, though, I get errors about MIME
types.  When I try to launch the Control Center, for example, I get:

	Could not find mime type
	application/octet-stream

When I click through, the Control Center shows up, but the left pane -- where
you're supposed to select the elements you want to configre -- is empty.  I
get a similar error when I try to launch KDEWebDev.

How can I resolve this error?

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com