Re: Deny DHCP IP to a certain MAC?

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 07:28:51AM +0800, Lai Zit Seng wrote:

Hi Lai, please Bottom post and Trim.

> On Thu, 19 May 2005, Phil wrote:
>
> > I did but it does not provide a way to disable certain MAC addresses...

> You can use 'deny known clients', and then list all the MAC addresses you
> want to ban with a host declaration.

Also - Be aware that many Ethernet cards can be configured with ANY MAC
address someone want to put in them.  If you are trying to do this as a
security measure or access control thing, you may be more vulnerable
than you think.  OTOH - for easing an admin's life it works great.