Re: Which version to use, FC2 or FC3?

Jason Hoffert wrote:
I’m trying to decide which release of Fedora to use. I have installed FC3 on my laptop about 5 times now, and after running updates, or installing what I would think are minor applications, within days, the laptop will stop booting properly. Today, it is hanging on “Red Hat nash version 4.1.18 starting.” The last few times, the computer would hang when running XWindows and I never saw a logon screen. Being new to Linux but fairly savvy with computers, I tried to troubleshoot the problem, and it may have been something with the synaptics driver (or whatever is used for my touch pad mouse), but I couldn’t fix it.

Is FC2 any worse then FC3? Is there a reason I should lean towards one over the other? My goal over the next 6 -12 months is to setup a Postfix server with MySQL, PHP, and an admin frontend, like PostfixAdmin.

FC3 is like FC2 but with lots of bugfixes.

FC4 will be out on 6th June. Why not wait a bit and give that a try?

Paul.