Re: var drive

Kevin wrote:
I am having some partition problems and I'm not sure what the cause
is. When I check the "properties" of the /var folder through the file
browser it tells me there's 123MB in use and 21MB free of disc space.
It says it is using volume /var (which is a partition of my hard
drive.) I know I made the var partition bigger than that so I checked
my resource manager and it says that the /var drive is 1.8GB out of
1.9GB in use. This would account for the approximately 21MB of free
disc space, but where did the 1.7 or so GB of information come from?

The problem is I have 1.7 GB of disc space on my /var partition not
accounted for and I am not sure how I clean it off. Could programs
have been installed there and I just can't find them? I have no clue
how to fix this problem and it's making it impossible to download and
install updates on my computer.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

How about posting the actual output of "df -h", "fdisk -l", and "vgdisplay -v"?

Do you periodically run "yum clean packages"?

Paul.