RE: FC 2/3 Backup -- Solved

Thanks to all who have been helping me, the Linux/Unix remote agent for
Veritas is now working properly.

Here is the procedure that I have developed to make it run for FC2 / FC3

1. Download and install the compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.90.126.rpm from
rpmfind.net

2. depending on your system configuration it might have several
dependencies that will also have to be resolved, but all are available
from rpmfind.net

3. Install the Backupexec agent from your cdrom

4. Edit /etc/system and add the following 2 lines in the local services
area
	grfs 		6101/tcp		#beagent
	ndmp		12000/tcp		#network data management
protocol

5 type /etc/init.d/VRTSralus.init start

6. the agent should start -- you will need to modify your ndmp port
number to match in your backup server(s) and all other remote agents in
the network (including other os)

thanks again to all who helped

TIM

Tim Holmes