Java Crossword Puzzle Problem

I'm running Fedora Core 3, Firefox 1.03 and Java jre1.5.0_02. When I bring up the Washington Post Crossword puzzle, which is a java applet, I cannot get letters to appear in the squares. I have had no trouble with this in the past on other operating systems or older versions of Fedora. I have experienced some weirdness under Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux with this crossword puzzle in the past. When I start the applet, the first word gets filled in automatically. I haven't seen this behavior under Mac OS or Windoze. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had seem similar problems, knew what caused the problem, and what the solution is? I miss my nightly crossword puzzle.

Andrew Robinson