Re: help adding a sata drive to the system

On 05.18 16:09, John Stile wrote:
I am new to Fedora Core, and have a Fedora Core 2 system running on
one sata drive. I added one additional sata drive but dmesg below says, 'ata2: SATA port has no device'.
[snip]

Two questions. Do you have evidence that your new drive is actually functional? Do you have evidence that the SATA connector that you're using on the MB is functional.

FWIW, it appears that the kernel "sees" the device but is unable to probe it, which would suggest that the drive is not functioning correctly, or that its not connected correctly.