Re: Mount option hazardous to USB Flash!

Ian Malone wrote:

It took quite a while to work out how to change the HAL options for
mounting the player.  Neither the fstab-sync manpage or the HAL
documentation mention the need to restart the haldaemon to re-read
/usr/share/hal/fdi/, which took a while to find out.  Once I had that
I couldn't find a rule that would match usb disks, although it should
have been easy:

If you found a config file in /usr it's a bug and FC isn't LSB-compliant as I understand it.

If there's a file in /usr that you need to diddle with and it's not a config file, it sounds like it ought to be.

I suggest that someone who's affected write up a bug report describing the original problem, the workaround and these opinions.

destroying computer equipment is a fairly serious matter, but so is standards-compliance.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait