how to share /dev/dsp with several programs

Hi there,

I newly install Fedora in my box, everything works will, except one thing that I find I can only let one program to use /dev/dsp at one time,for example, if I open realplay to watch online vedio while my gaim will become mute,as a result when a message arrive gaim will not play a sound to notificate me.May be this is not a very serious problem, but it do really borthers me!

Thanks for any suggestion.

Nico