Re: STARTTLS and Pegasus Mail?

Am Sa, den 07.05.2005 schrieb Knute Johnson um 20:55:

> Thanks very much for your reply.  I had already checked out the
> server end and was curious if anybody had successfully used Pegasus
> with it.  But it appears that Pegasus does in fact do STARTTLS
> perfectly with sendmail.  My problem it turns out was Norton Anti-
> Virus.  It totally messes up encrypted emails on port 25 or 110 and
> is not compatible with same.  So the conclusion is this, to send or
> receive SSL/TLS encrypted emails, you can't use the standard ports
> with any mailer and NAV.
>
> knute...

Well Knute, the problem with Norton AV is well known and exists for
years now. I don't know why that company is not able to fix the issue
that Norton AV breaks SSL/TLS encrypted mail traffic. You can use it
server / client side with standard ports but you will have to switch off
anti-virus checking for outgoing mail. POP3s isn't affected by the bug.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 22:11:15 up 1 day, 2:42, load average: 0.04, 0.05, 0.06