Re: firefox and rpms

john brennan wrote:

hello everybody,
I have a problem with firefox. Everytime I try to download a rpm packet from the Internet Firefox reacts as if it is a multimedia file (rpm= realplayer media) and I am totally blocked. Example I wanted to download the rpm source for streamtuner and it made as if it was going to play a clip. How do I get out of this one please? I have looked in the Firefox menus but I have not found the link which is responsable. Thanking you in advance, John Brennan-Sardou.

This happens because the server has incorrectly setup the MIME type. You can either use realplayer file association preferences if available of Applications=>Preferences=> file types and programs to change this. Realplayer does not use .rpm file extensions anymore

regards
Rahul