Re: Gnucash and...?

Richard Crawford wrote:

My wife and I want to computerize our account management system, which is currently conducted by pencil and paper. We don't have a need for a high end tool like Quicken 2005 XP+ Super Ultra Platinum Edition. We're happy using basic tools.

On my end, I have GnuCash, which works well for me. My wife, however, runs Windows. Ideally, we'd both have access to the same account files and information. I'm having trouble, though, identifying a Windows equivalent to GnuCash. Quicken doesn't seem to quite cut it.

Any ideas? Free and open source is, of course, preferable.

I gotta go with the VNC and gnucash suggestion. I haven't personally tried many other accounting applications, and I'm no accountant - but to me gnucash is a great, simple accounting program that I can do simple stuff with and i guess an accountant could do bigger things with.

Its the program I use, and when I'm on a windows machine, I use VNC to login and run it. In addition - back up is as simple as copying one file to a safe place.

Feel free to let us know what you decide on...

--
*Trevor "TeC" Christian*
Cell #: (767) 225 4472