Re: Package kdebase needs samba-common = 3.0.11 (Revised)

Steve Brown wrote:

This is my second attempt (with revisions) at getting help with this problem.

When I run 'yum update', after several minutes of attempting to resolve
dependencies, yum gives me the following error message:

   Package kdebase needs samba-common = 3.0.11, this is not available.

No updates take place. 'rpm -qi samba-common' reported that I have
version 3.0.11. I then ran 'yum update samba-common' and now I have
version 3.0.14 and I still get the error message. Reverting to version 3.0.11 does not seem to be an option because of the unavailability of the old package, dependencies and so on.

I commented out the kde-redhat.org repository and re-ran 'yum update'
and it ran fine, updating a handful of programs.  Then I uncommented the
kde-redhat.org repository lines and ran yum again and got the same
message.  Searching list archives and google turned up nothing.  I had
the same problem on my notebook.

Other information:

kernel: 2.6.10-1.771_FC2 (yes, FC2)
KDE: 3.4.0

It seems to me that this might be something that the packager of the KDE RPMs should address -- maybe "equals 3.0.11" should be "greater than or equals 3.0.11". I could find no way to contact anyone at kde-redhat.org, however. Maybe if I wait until the next KDE package, this will go away. For now, I changed yum.conf to ignore kde* packages.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Apparently this problem has fixed itself.  Thanks for all the help.