Re: ATI driver compilation problem

Marcel Janssen wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a hard time getting the ATI driver to compile on a freshly installed FC3 box.
I tried the ATI driver as supplied by ATI and the one supplied by livna repository, both I can't get to work.
I'm using the latest kernel from ATrpms, but that doesn't seem to matter much (also tried other kernels).

The log below shows the module compile of the ATI supplied drivers.

Help very much appreciated !

Regards,
Marcel Janssen

My solution with an ATI 9600 was to get an nVidia card. Problem solved. I spent two weeks fighting with ATI drivers and gave up the fight. Less than 30 minutes to get the nVidia card to work.

Over mixing of repositories may also cause problems with getting things to work.

--
Robin Laing