Re: Middle button not working with Creative Notebook Optical mouse

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 13:44 +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> Ow Mun Heng wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 21:05 +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> >

> >>I just connected a "Creative Notebook Optical" mouse to my FC3 system.
> >>Works fine, mostly, but it looks like middle-button clicks aren't
> >>registered. Any ideas why?
> >>

> >xorg.conf
> >
> >Section "InputDevice"
> >        Identifier  "Mouse0"
> >        Driver      "mouse"
> >        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
> >        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
> >        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"  <-----
> >        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes" <-----
> >EndSection
> >

> Yes, when using those I do get middle-click *emulation*. - Actually, I
> thought I tried that earlier and that it didn't work, but apparently
> system-config-mouse didn't update xorg.conf...
>
> I'd still prefer the real thing, though. I mean, it seems to me that a
> switch is activated if I press down the scroll wheel, but X doesn't seem
> to understand the signal (presumably) being sent.
>
> - Toralf

If you are using a mouse with 3 buttons, you don't need the
'emulate3buttons' option in xorg.cfg. Remove it.. It's there for people
who have two button mice, where you press both buttons to simulate the
middle button, hence giving you 3 buttons.

Wolf