Re: Middle button not working with Creative Notebook Optical mouse

Ow Mun Heng wrote:

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 21:05 +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:

I just connected a "Creative Notebook Optical" mouse to my FC3 system. Works fine, mostly, but it looks like middle-button clicks aren't registered. Any ideas why?

xorg.conf

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" <-----
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes" <-----
EndSection

Yes, when using those I do get middle-click *emulation*. - Actually, I thought I tried that earlier and that it didn't work, but apparently system-config-mouse didn't update xorg.conf...

I'd still prefer the real thing, though. I mean, it seems to me that a switch is activated if I press down the scroll wheel, but X doesn't seem to understand the signal (presumably) being sent.

- Toralf