Re: Kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 hangs every few days

On 5/2/05, Steffen Kluge <kluge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 09:09 -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > I think this has been happening to me too. But everytime I reboot, the
> > logs give me no evidence, and I don't know how to gather any useful
> > evidence. My server just slowly hangs. Normally when it starts to hang,
> > the video is the first to go. The TCP/IP functionality seems to be the
> > last to go.
>
> If networking is the last thing to go you might want to configure
> another machine as loghost, maybe you can catch any last words that
> way...
>
> Cheers
> Steffen.
>

> --

Intel D845 MB latest BIOS and see the lock ups every few days
1.8 celeron
512 MB ram
your basic 3 yr old PC   never locked up til this kernel

Totally sucks to cuz everytime it happens I'm doing something
important Good thing I save every few minutes too !

--

Jim Lawrence
Registered Linux User: #376813