OT: Should Abiword really be kicked out of core?

Sorry for being a bit OT, but there is an interesting article about using PDF with blackend textparts (some of you might already know the story):
http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/05/01/1314216&tid=172&tid=103

I tried to reproduce a similar behaviour with OpenOffice.org and Abiword.

Result:

PDFs created through OpenOffice.org are readable when the text is blackend (copying, pdftotext, pdftohtml). It does not matter which way one is creating a PDF.

PDFs created through Abiword ("Create a PDF document" in the printing menue) are absolutely unreadable when a passage is blackend. No copying, no pdftotext, no pdftohtml works.

I myself have sometimes to blacken names (not high-security, just lists of students), and I always created PNGs to do that. Knowing that Abiword can do that through PDFs might be very conveniant.

That might be a feature to keep Abiword. At least: it's quite noticable and it's in the media right now.

--
Regards
Markus Huber

PS: Sorry, it's late and English is not my first language, so I am not shure, if the grammar of my text is very correct.