Re: SICK OF STUPID OWNERSHIP RULES!!

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 07:43, Kevin wrote:
> Firstly if you actually read my original post, you
> would have understood that I DO NOT WANT file
> permissions, I don't care about them!

Then Windows is the OS for you.  *nix systems have ownership rules.  There's
no way around it.  The best you can do is set your system up with flexible
ownership rules, but you can't simply drop them.  You wouldn't want to.  If
you did, then you don't want to use Linux.  What you're asking for is like
wanting to breathe without having to inhale the stupid nitrogen that comes
with the oxygen.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com