Re: FC3 x86_64 install on sil3114 SATA controller problems.

The sil 3114 should work fine without it's fake software raid drive using the normal sata-sil driver.

joelja

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Saurabh Barve wrote:

From: Marco Prechel <marcoprechel@xxxxxxx>

Hello,

I run a K8SR (Transport GX28) with Hardware RAID SATA (adaptec 2410SA) and have NO issues. That controller seems pretty good to me, however i have heard from lots of users in the server community that the 3ware are very awesome and compare to say the least, if not beat the adaptec's.

Good Luck.

--marco