Re: ACPI on Dell Latitude C840

So actually I *do* need to recompile my kernel (given that I only use
the stock kernels from Fedora Core and Fedora Core Updates Released) to
use a custom DSDT? I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. You're
saying that it is now possible to use a custom DSDT without compiling it
into the kernel, but the stock FC kernels have not been compiled in such
a way to take advantage of this. In which case, has anyone opened a bug
report asking that they enable this option?

If someone explains me exactly what needs to be done (which option to enable in .config, where to get/put the firmware, what is DSDT), I could enable this option in the kernel-desktop I maintain:
http://apt.bea.ki.se/kernel-desktop/

-jec