Re: Yum hangs on local mirror

In this case I'm running yum on the local machine. It only seems to lock up when downloading sizable rpms.

Hugh

Re: Yum hangs on local mirror

    * /From/: Paul Howarth <paul city-fan org>
    * /To/: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list redhat com>
    * /Subject/: Re: Yum hangs on local mirror
    * /Date/: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:09:06 +0100

Hugh Caley wrote:

    We have set up local yum mirrors for Fedora, and updates are fast
    as heck, except that Yum seems to hang intermittantly. Sometimes
    it stops right in the middle of copying over an rpm; then it just
    sits on the process bar and never seems to recover. We don't seem
    to see this problem when using mirrors from the Internet, although
    these are much slower, of course.

Could this be a problem with trying to push too much data through
the local apache server? It doesn't show any errors.

Are you running yum in a terminal window over ssh? I'm seeing a similar issue when running yum on my home machine from work using ssh, though it usually hangs when processing the metadata rather than with the RPMs themselves.

Paul.

--
Hugh Caley | Unix Systems Administrator | CIS
AFFYMETRIX INC. | 6550 Vallejo St. Ste 100 | Emeryville, CA 94608